Follow me!

Follow me on Facebook! Get great kitchen tips, snacks, nutrition articles and more. Go To:http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Primal-Mama-Cooks-and-dishes-on-life/279450101397?ref=ts

Monday, February 22, 2010

Salsa Chicken





I can't believe it's Monday. The weekend flew by. Saturday and tonight were our kickoff meetings at CrossFit 714 about starting the paleo challenge. We had a great turnout! I am so excited to get this thing underway.

I am committed to putting up as many easy recipes that are paleo friendly as I possibly can. I want everyone to have the same success that my family has had. We have experienced all that paleo has to offer. We have more strength, more energy, clearer skin, less body fat, and we are more healthy than we have ever been. How on Earth would we be able to handle twin toddler tornadoes at nearly forty years old if it wasn't for our paleo diet! My husband's stomach issues left right around the same time his little spare tire was replaced by six-pack abs thanks to paleo. Many of you know that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am happy to report that I take no medications what so ever. Paleo eating is not "snake oil". I still have a few bad days mixed in with all the good. However, I firmly believe eliminating grain from my diet plays a pinnacle role in keeping my joints flexible and has halted my disease progression.

With that said, I wanted to take one more moment of your time to say thank you so much for supporting me and loving my recipes. My goal continues to be to provide you with quick and easy meals that get you in and out of the kitchen so you can get back to your busy lives. My family has found that if we eat meals packed with flavor, we don't feel deprived. For us, big flavor is the most important part of making it easy to stick to the paleo way of life.

And so, it is now time to bring you... wait for it... SALSA CHICKEN!

What you'll need:

Salsa
Chicken

(really... that's it???)

What you do:

Get out your crock pot. Spray it with a little olive oil so you don't have to spend the evening scrubbing. Put in your chicken breasts. Put the salsa over the top. Cover and cook on low about 6 hours.

I know you are thinking, "Am I missing something here?" The answer is a resounding no... no you're not. Sometimes the simplest things taste the best and sometimes the simplest things are so simple, we don't think to make them.

What you do with the chicken when you are done is up to you. Taco salad? Lettuce wraps? Eat it plain? What about stuffing it into a pepper? The sky is the limit!

A key point to remember is that not all salsas are created equal. I personally like Santa Barbara Salsa in the Roasted Garlic flavor. It's all natural and gluten free (yes, they put gluten in salsa as a thickener and filler... can you believe that sh*%.) You can pronounce everything on the Santa Barbara Salsa ingredient list which is always a plus.

Let me know what you make with your salsa chicken!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Super easy, and I'll bet it tastes great. I used to do the same thing with pork shoulder and it was always moist and flavorful. I can't believe I never thought to use chicken for a change of pace.

    And a big thanks to you (and Al) for being really inspirational to us regular Joes with regards to a Paleo diet. I used you as an example when explaining the diet to my mom and she seemed impressed. She has gluten and nightshades allergies, but just refuses to give them up, so hopefully I can get her on the right track with the right motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delicious! I made a whole crockpot of this and have used it to top my eggs for breakfast and have also used it to top my salads instead of using dressing. Last night I used it to stuff anaheim chilies (like your Chili Relleno recipe) and topped it off with pepper jack cheese (not paleo but i LOVE cheese) and it was absolutely the most delicious thing I've made in my life. Thanks for sharing these wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geoff, Keep working on your mom. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat tomatoes. I'm sure it's very difficult.

    Fit Cow, (almost feels wrong calling you that) Are you on Facebook? I would love it if you would post your comment on my fan page so others can see that you have taken one dish and turned it into several. Way to save time! You rock!

    ReplyDelete