Follow me!

Follow me on Facebook! Get great kitchen tips, snacks, nutrition articles and more. Go To:http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Primal-Mama-Cooks-and-dishes-on-life/279450101397?ref=ts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Turkey Rolls - Emergency Dinner







Ok, so tonight is not one of my more shining moments. I let the day get away from me and forgot to take something out for dinner. On top of that one of my sons has a cold and my husband is sick because he thought he could do five rounds of max reps, body weight bench press and max rep pull-ups on a lettuce leaf and an ice cube. (Not really, but he didn't fuel properly for the workout today). On top of that my other son is whiny. So what's a woman to do when all hell has broken loose at home and there's nothing to eat for dinner? I say go to DEFCON 1 immediately. No that does not mean head out of the house like a missile and grab the nearest burger and fries. It means go to the fridge, whip out a few ingredients and make a nutritious meal in under 3 minutes.




Here's what you'll need:




turkey lunch meat


avocado


preservative free turkey bacon




Here's what to do:




Put out the turkey. Place some sliced avocado on top of the turkey. Take a piece of bacon and cut it lengthwise and put half a slice on the avocado. Roll up the turkey slices individually with the avocado and bacon inside. Done. Add a piece of fruit. It's not glamorous, but hey, sometimes you just need to get some calories in, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment