Follow me!

Follow me on Facebook! Get great kitchen tips, snacks, nutrition articles and more. Go To:http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Primal-Mama-Cooks-and-dishes-on-life/279450101397?ref=ts

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast

Today was a busy one for me. I went strong from about 5am until now, which is about 10:15pm. I'm sure in most cases, I'm preaching to the choir. However, the reason I tell you this is that there is still time to make a delicious meal even if you don't eat it until 9pm. I mean, really... we could have eaten at 6 but my husband and I thought it more important to go torture ourselves with 250 wall ball shots and 125 pull-ups for time.


This chicken is so delicious. It's really fit for a dinner party but it's so easy to make why not have it anytime? It took me a total of 15 minutes to put it together using some little short cuts from my favorite spot: Trader Joe's.


Here's what you'll need:


2 free range chicken breasts


1/2 can artichoke hearts (TJ's)


2T. sun dried tomato strips in olive oil (TJ's)


1 box of frozen spinach


2T. olive tampanade (TJ's)


2T. pine nuts (TJ's)


Here's what you do:


Cut through the center thickness of the chicken breasts nearly all the way through (Butterfly them). Open up the chicken breasts and saute in a little olive oil about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a dish and keep warm. While the chicken is cooking, microwave the spinach as the package suggests and chop the artichoke hearts. When the spinach is done you must squeeze all the water from it. Place the spinach in a strainer and press down on it with a clean kitchen towel to extract the water. No, I'm not kidding. I know it sounds weird, but it's the only way I know of to get all the water out without going to the ER with a third degree, molten spinach burn. Mix the spinach, sun dried tomato strips, olive tampanade, pine nuts and artichoke hearts together. Take a giant bite when nobody is looking. Revel in your mastery of the cullinary arts. Zap the filling in the microwave for about 30 seconds just to heat the filling through. Plate the chicken and add the stuffing in between the two pieces of chicken. Marvel at the beauty of your creation. That is it my friends. Something this simple should not taste this good! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment